Monday, April 26, 2010

Mama Spigno



For visualization, we were told to create a portrait that would reveal a little about the person being photographed. I chose to photograph my mom. I put her in her natural habitat and tried to show how every weekend, she buries herself in her work and after 25 hour days, gets to sit back and enjoy the fruits of her labor. She loves what she does and my job was to capture her passion in the way she carries herself in the kitchen and the emotion she shows.
As for being the strong woman she is, my mom is a cancer survivor. Going on 1.5 years in remission, she finally stood proud and embraced her survival at the local cancer walk. Although she accidentally checked her ethnicity as African American on her survivor form, I am so proud to be her daughter. She has taught me good work ethic, to be a lady, and has given me the drive to do the best I can in everything I pursue; to follow my passion.
Thank you mama. You are an amazing Godly woman and I thank you for every opportunity you have given me.




________

Here are a couple recent cakes my mom has done. I hope you enjoy :) Check her out on fb: Creative Cakes by Debra




No comments:

Post a Comment