Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Here's to you, Katie

Favorite shot of the day :)


Oh, what to say about April 10th. The sky was completely gray and overcast, perfect for a photo shoot!
With prior modeling experience and a dance background, my friend from high school was the perfect subject. I was so amazed and thankful that she knew what to do without having me to direct her mechanically. I'd say "Katie move your arm" and she'd give me a completely different and gorgeous pose! You can't ask for better than that :)
The highlight of the day for me was when I was shooting Katie in an area of grapevines. I was completely content with the weather and how the images were turning out till all of a sudden, the sky opens slightly and creates a perfect spotlight on Katie. I clicked the shutter and then screamed... actually it was more of a squeal. The shot looked like I had spent thousands of dollars on location lighting and had had a crew of 15 or more helping me stage it. All was natural lighting! All was done by God! When I opened the image in my digital darkroom, I added a vignette and I knew I could do no more. It was perfect!
Katie, thanks for an amazing session! I can't wait to photograph you again.



















No comments:

Post a Comment