Monday, March 1, 2010

And the award goes to...




This Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending the extravagant 30th birthday bash of a Mr. Jorge Ortega, aka, my "uncle" George. The theme of the party was a night at the Oscars and that is exactly what it was.
Pulling out all the stops, Jorge had a red carpet for the guest's entry to the grand ballroom, a candy bar and open bar with themed specialty drinks, towering centerpieces decorated with white feathers, black branches, and dark red roses, a dance competition during dinner for entertainment, and an award ceremony in which the VIP's
of his life were recognized and given an Oscar as a token of his appreciation.


My mother and I were some of the people recognized :')


Following a delicious dinner, Jorge blew out the candles on his 6 tier cake also designed and created by my mother and I. The cake was covered in fondant with fondant stripes on alternating layers and airbrushed with an edible metallic silver paint for a sparkle finish. A decal used on Jorge's invitation was also recreated in gumpaste and covered in edible gold disco dust to incorporate his style further into the cake. As a finishing touch to the cake, we wrote the names of the important people in his life on the stars cascading down the front as requested by the birthday boy. That cake was INCREDIBLY heavy. I still cannot believe I lifted it!



Overall, the party was a huge success. I'm still a little sore from dancing the salsa in my heels but it was well worth the pain. I had so much fun and am happy I was able to be there and celebrate the birth of such an amazing man! Jorge, I hope you have an amazing 30th year. You deserve it! Love you always!






No comments:

Post a Comment